Bathrooms and Kitchens are where we tend to spend the most dollars in any renovation. First thing to keep in mind is Budget. I tell my clients to think of an amount double it and add 20% if you don’t faint then proceed.
Some tips to make your renovation go smoothly are as follows.
· Get quotes. It doesn’t hurt to get a second opinion just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
· Know what you want to do and don’t make changes. By making changes you can easily exceed the amount you want to spend
· Pick good quality fixtures. You want them to last.
· If you are choosing tile. Pick a reasonably priced design and ask questions like is this tile going to cost more than usually to install. The more detailed, the more time and money will be spent
· If you want to splurge in one area invest in heating the floor. This helps keep the room dry and gives a wonder feel when you first get up in the morning…well worth the investment.
By having a good handle on your budget your renovation should go smoothly. Enjoy and happy decorating.